As part of my quest to keep my senior brain active, I am familiarizing myself with the social media platforms:
1. It is enjoyable to upload videos to your Facebook, Facebook Page, Instagram, YouTube.
2. Android is a more friendly MP4 format file for all media platforms. iOS videos use the MOV format. (These platforms have other formats available, but I am limiting this topic on these two)
3. MOV format cannot be played on Android-based OS. MP4 can be played on almost all platforms. but you can convert MOV to MP4 with online converters or apps.
4. YouTube accepts both formats for uploading videos.
5. Instagram accepts both formats as well.
6. You can upload video clips in REELS (limited to 90 seconds) and Instagram Feed Videos (60 seconds).
7. YouTube videos are limited to 15 minutes for unverified accounts and unlimited time for verified accounts.
8. Meanwhile, FB Stories can be 15 seconds to 60 seconds in length, they disappear after 24 hours (they have originated from Snapchat)
9. FB Reels originated from TikTok. Also known as (TikTok, Facebook Reels, Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts). Reels are public and are meant for people who don't follow you. Feed Posts and Stories are meant for people who already follow you. TikTok videos allow up to 10 minutes of video time. YouTube shorts are up to 60 seconds only. Reels are 90 seconds. Stories are 60 seconds.
10. Finally, (and this is my own culprit), you can always edit your audience when it comes to posting. And if you don't want to disturb your friends about your posts, Turn OFF your notifications.